| The church of Santa Maria dell'Assunta
is near the baronial palace, in the place where probably in the
past there was a church of the palace. This new church built by
the Savelli Family, was consecrated both to the Assunta and San
Rocco in 1464 by the cardinal Bessarione. The bright interior
consists of a nave and two aisles and vaults supported by a double
series of octagonal peperino columns with capitals decorated with
leaves. The church's size expressed in metres corresponds
to: 14.95 x 21.16 x 9.66. Its actual form is the result of several
restoration works made during the centuries, which transformed
its structure and its size. The only original part is the portal.
In 1912 Monsignor Francesco Giacci ordered the addition of the
transept and a new fresco representing the Madonna's Assumption
for the apse's bowl-shaped vault, covering the previous
frescos by the artist Arnaldo Mecozzi.
The interior is decorated with several modern works among which,
a frescoed graffito design painted by the Capuchin friar P.
Ugolino da Belluno.